[App_rpt-users] no more streaming..

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Tue Jan 8 19:45:44 UTC 2013

Check, if you haven't restarted the computer, that the ezstream process has terminated.

I have to back out to the console and kill the sh and ezstream processes, since it will be running (and eating all my CPU). Asterisk won't say anything but it will not restart the streaming if it is already running.

---

I recently set this up, and had to piece it together from several rpt messages.

For RadioReference, the outstreamcmd:

outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 --highpass 0.2 -r -m m -s 8 --bitwidth 16 --resample 22.05 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -c /etc/ezstream.xml

ezstream.xml:

[root at W2SO-1 asterisk]# cat /etc/ezstream.xml
<ezstream>
    <url>http://audio3.radioreference.com:80/[mount point]</url>
    <sourcepassword>[password]</sourcepassword>
    <format>MP3</format>
    <filename>stdin</filename>
    <svrinfoname>W2SO 147.255Mhz and 443.850Mhz Repeaters</svrinfoname>
    <svrinfourl>http://www.radioreference.com</svrinfourl>
    <svrinfogenre>Scanner</svrinfogenre>
    <svrinfodescription>W2SO Amateur Repeater</svrinfodescription>
    <svrinfobitrate>16</svrinfobitrate>
    <svrinfochannels>1</svrinfochannels>
    <svrinfosamplerate>22050</svrinfosamplerate>
    <svrinfopublic>1</svrinfopublic>
</ezstream>

Obviously change the information to match what you want. The description said it needed to match what you have for your feed on radioreference, which isn't the case technically, but it may be a policy thing.