[App_rpt-users] Remote base using FT-817ND

Michael Hebert mhebert1975 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 01:57:44 UTC 2013

Hello group,

I need help with a remote base setup using a Yaesu FT-817ND. I just setup a
second node on my ACID box using an URIx for the remote base. Everything is
working fine with tx audio, rx audio, COR and PTT. I am having issue with
the CAT control. I connect from my UHF repeater node on the box using *3701
and try to issue remote base commands and the radio will not respond to CAT
commands.

Here is what I have in the rpt.conf

[701]

rxchannel = Radio/usb701 ; Rx audio/signaling channel

remote = ft897 ; Radio Type

functions = functions701 ; Function list from link

phone_functions = functions701 ; Function list from phone

ioport = /dev/ttyUSB0 ; Serial port for control

iospeed = 4800

dusbabek = yes

authlevel = 0 ; Authorization level

;; authlevel = 0 : Anyone can use it

;; authlevel = 1 : Requires log in, Waits for Tx key to ask for it

;; authlevel = 2 : Requires log in, asks for it automously

;mars = 0                   ; set=1 for IC-706 w/MARS mods (optional)

remote_inact_timeout=1800                 ; Inactivity timer for remote base
nodes only (set to 0 to disable).

remote_timeout=5400                 ; Session time out for remote base. (set
to 0 to disable)

;remote_timeout=120                 ; Session time out for remote base. (set
to 0 to disable)

;remote_timeout_warning=30