[App_rpt-users] limey linux and parallel ports

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Fri Jan 25 02:04:54 UTC 2013

Hello Gentlemen,

I've been trying to get limey linux to work with some parallel ports.
and it ain't working to what I think it should be.

I'm using a Neoware CA-22 with 1GB RAM, 1GB flash and 1GHz processor. It
boots and appears to run fine.

I've configured it according to what K0KN and the info from ohnosec.org
website.

Something it not what it should be. There's always voltages on the
parallel port pins I've specified in usbradio.conf. The voltage on pin 3
for ptt is at 2.4V and 4.8V on pins four and five. I have not run any
commands on there to manually turn them on. When I run the command from
the K0KN website to manually turn on the pin 3, the damn voltage still
sits at 2.4V. When I run the command to turn it off, it still sits at
2.4V on that pin. Same thing for the other two pins. I don't understand
why one of the GPIO pins sits at 2.4V and the other sit at 4.8V when the
pins are set to be default off. Shouldn't the 'off' setting be zero
volts, or something very close to zero?

Below is what I added usbradio.conf for the parallel pins config:
pp3 = ptt
pp4 = out0	;aux1
pp5 = out0	;aux2
pp6 = out0	;aux3
pp11 = cor

Am I missing something? Something not correct? I'm rather disappointed
the documentation is not very helpful in terms of what full configs
should look like and the lack of references to teach new allstarlink
dummies like me.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ