[App_rpt-users] New to apt_rpt

Adi Linden adiy at adis.on.ca
Wed Jan 30 03:30:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am new to app_rpt. I am currently running a repeater with IRLP node. The repeater controller is PC based and runs independent of IRLP. I also have a hardware auto patch connected via an ATA186.

I would like to run Asterisk on this system. I already run Asterisk for my PBX at home, including multiple DID and LD SIP providers. Eliminating some hardware, like the auto patch and the ATA186 would be nice.

I did read that app_rpt supports the use of IRLP hardware. But further complicating things is that I am moving towards a small ARM board to run the repeater. In particular, I am building some hardware to interface sound and control to a BeagleBoard. That bring up some questions. Can app_rpt utilize a generic ALSA sound card for audio input and output? Can app_rpt use the GPIO of an ARM board to access COS, PPT, etc?

Adi
VA3ADI