[App_rpt-users] Asterisk on Raspberry Pi - revisited

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 30 13:51:58 UTC 2013

There has been a surge in popularity locally with this small board, and
comments on this board from last April imply development isn't likely.

Is the problem running full-bore discriminator decoding and the
CM108/119 chips or can "simple usb" be used where the Pi only handled
repeat audio, tones and link audio, and logic pins handle all the COS,
PL, PTT, etc? I know in my limited reading that the GPU uses most of the
resources, but I'm sure as more people play around with this board,
advancements can be made to throttle back or disable a lot of the unused
overhead for a simpler node.

Thanks for any information, I'm just researching the idea for our group.
Most of my nodes are regular PC's and we're trying to do low-power 12V
implementations (Intel Atom is on the list too).

Tony