[App_rpt-users] RTCM Question

Paul Schlacter paulschlaterradio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 06:47:16 UTC 2013

I have a slightly off-topic question regarding the RTCM in this
configuration. I have been wanting to use my RTCM in a mobile application
such as this. There is a section in the RTCM manual which describes
configuring the RTCM as a non-voted, non-simulcasted client. One would
think that a GPS reference wouldn't be needed for something like this where
the data is not time-sensitive, but app_rpt and chan_voter don't seem to
want to work without a GPS sync (even for a standalone "simple radio
interface" as described in the manual). If the RTCM's can't even be used as
simple radio interfaces without a GPS, than that may need to be documented
in a much clearer fashion to avoid confused, unhappy customers who are
expecting to use the RTCM as a simple, standalone radio interface to
app_rpt.
Thanks for reading,
Paul

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Paul Schlacter <paulschlaterradio at gmail.com