[App_rpt-users] Sudden dropped packet problem on LAN

Sam Skolfield kj6qfs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 23:56:35 UTC 2013

Hello Group,
I have a test-bench voted configuration consisting of two RTCMs acting as
receivers, one acting as a transmitter, and an app_rpt server. Everything
was working great for days until suddenly, audio packets started to drop
like flies.
I had the "buflen" in the voter.conf file set to 200, and the TX buffer
length in the RTCMS set for 1200, and made no changes whatsoever to the
configuration. No matter what combination of buffer values I try, I can't
seem to get the system to stop dropping packets.
Mind you, all three RTCMS and the server are all connected to a common
Verizon FIOS modem/4 port router.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sam