[App_rpt-users] Voter RTCM TX buffer hardware limitation?

Harshad Rangarajan pyaslagna at gmx.com
Sun Jul 28 07:39:15 UTC 2013

Exactly, Tim. Jim, According to the firmware release notes, Duplex mode 3 will not solve my problem because I am using voting via app_rpt.Duplex mode 3 just loops RX audio to TX audio inside the RTCM, and app_rpt inject ID and telemetry. Even with all the equipment in one room plugged to a router, the latency is still existant. How could this be network latency if the lowest possible buffer value in app_rpt and in the RTCM works, but it is still not fast enough? If this were a network latency issue, than the lowest possible buffer (which is working for me) simply woldn't be able to work! In my case, the lowest buffer value that the RTCM will allow me to enter (800) works, and that tells me that the network isn't what's keeping me from reducing the latency. By putting the server and the RTCMs in a room and plugging them up to a router/switch, the latency is still too high for full-duplex operation, with the buffer values set to lowest value that RTCM and app_rpt will allow to be inputted. This cleary tell me that the limitation is in the RTCM minumum TX buffer limit of 800 samples. Is there any for me to trick the RTCM into accepting buffer values lower than 800? This would be a HUGE help to us. Thank you! Harshad