[App_rpt-users] RTCM to ICOM FR5000 / FR6000 Cable

Randy Neals randy at neals.ca
Tue Jun 11 03:23:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I recently connected a Micro-Node RTCM to an ICOM FR6000 UHF repeater.
The FR5000/6000 has a DB25 auxiliary connector on the rear.
Here is the sable pin-out I used. Maybe this helps someone else.

FR6000                                     RTCM
Pin 11 - 12VDC Out ------------------ Pin 1 +V In
Pin 8 - MOD IN ------------------------- Pin 2 TX Audio
Pin 9 Discriminator ------------------- Pin 3 RX Audio
Pin 21 Analog Audible Out -------- Pin 4 CTCSS In
Pin 14 GND------------------------------ Pin 5 GND
Pin 19 EPTT ---------------------------- Pin 7 PTT
DB25 Shell --- soldered to braid---DB9 Shell

Programming FR6000.
Configured for CTCSS on Receive, no CTCSS on transmit.
Program Pin 21 I/O for Audible Out which is a signal indication when the
receiver is unmuted by squelch/tone.
Program Pin 19 I/O for EPTT - External PTT

Best,
Randy
W3RWN / VE3RWN
San Antonio, TX