[App_rpt-users] Bogus SIP registrations

KB0KZR kb0kzr at matthouse.com
Sun Jun 23 19:57:40 UTC 2013

All--

While diagnosing another problem (which I will post about in a little bit
if I can't get it figured out, but I wanted to keep separate threads
separate) -- suddenly somebody started sending me a ton of bogus SIP
registrations.  The source-IP is 210.73.202.76 for whatever that may be
worth.  I thought about firewalling it, but I don't think SIP is required
at all for app_rpt to work?  So I disabled chan_sip entirely in
modules.conf.

Just throwing it out there as something to consider for other app_rpt
nodes...  I don't know of any security flaws in chan_sip, but I figured
since it isn't being used there's no reason to run it.

-Matt-