[App_rpt-users] Really need some advice here..

Don Hackler donh at sigma.net
Sat Mar 2 21:32:46 UTC 2013

That's the class of machine I usually run Asterisk, AllStar, IRLP, and other similar stuff on.
I pick them up cheap at the local surplus stores, they are lease returns from places that were running Windows XP on them.
I have a handful of them in daily production use, mostly running the PBX in a Flash distribution of Asterisk.
You only need a Gig of ram (maybe less) and a 40 gig hard drive is plenty.

If it's going on a hill or other remote place, check the fans and hard drive carefully,
and look for swollen capacitors on the mother board.