[App_rpt-users] Audio Clipping with IAXRPT / Web Transceiver Client

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 3 16:41:06 UTC 2013

Hi Kieth, In the usbradio.conf  have you got the "txlinonly = yes'?

This should limit TX audio coming from the URI.

txlimonly=yes        ; Audio limiting with no pre-emphasis on output
channel: no,yes
             ; no - Audio is not limited.
             ; yes - Audio is  limited.
             ; Suitable for transmitters with no limiting but with
pre-emphasis.

You can also tell the IAX users to cut back their mic gains. I would
start here first. Like a lot of people on Echolink they dont have the
computer set up properly. I find that head sets sound the best rather
than using the internal mics on lapatops.

I would leave the codec as Ulaw. dont bother with GSM, has crappy watery
audio.

Jon VA3RQ