[App_rpt-users] [Bulk] Getting to know App-Rpt all over again.

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Sun Mar 3 21:08:15 UTC 2013

I was successful in getting XIPPR to install on my HP T5710 yesterday,
with an automated net install. Was not having any luck with ACID, Limey
or even CentOS 5.9/6.3 minimal installs (it couldn't find the install
images on the USB thumb drive used for booting). I upgraded the 512MB
flash chip with a Transcend 8GB compact flash and adapter like how
Ramesh talked about a few weeks ago. I disabled swap and added "noatime"
in /etc/fstab to help the CF extend its life.

XIPPR took about four hours to install but runs very well with a DMK URI
and includes web-based administration tools. It is a very nice distro,
but a little behind in MDC1200 capability that I need. My C programming
skills will be challenged for sure.

Tony