[App_rpt-users] DTMF number 3 Problem

Steve Agee n5zua at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 9 19:24:01 UTC 2013

I too had this issue with a Wouxun at a repeater site and was scratching my
head, until WB5UGT happened to look down at the deviation meter on my
service monitor and told me to look for myself. Sure enough, upon pressing a
DTMF key, the deviation meter shot to the far right and hit the pin on the 6
KHz scale. So, the first few milliseconds of DTMF blow out of the pass band,
before calming down and stabilizing. Several other hand helds worked fine
with no issues.

N5ZUA