[App_rpt-users] DTMF number 3 Problem

Kirk Just Kirk wb6egr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 21:15:55 UTC 2013

The $50 radios tend to suffer from "Twist" when sending touchtones. Some
don't even have Pre/De on the transmit/receive audio!
Some manufactures think that 2Khz of deviation is OK, others think 6Khz is
better.PL levels are all over the place too! I set my Motorola
stuff to 700Hz of PL deviation..seen some Baofengs doing 200Hz..another one
was 1Khz of PL...
My though on this? set your system up with a REAL RADIO.Tell the
ching-chong, bing bong (with eggroll) radio owners to GET THEM TUNED UP AND
ALIGNED.....
Why butcher your system to accept their substandard emissions?

Kirk