[App_rpt-users] Audio Quality issues on Echolink

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Mar 13 17:00:42 UTC 2013

On 3/13/13 12:32 PM, Bill Hurlock wrote:
> Has anyone had problems with very low outbound audio to echolink connections? The audio reports from the Echolink side are very thin audio, no highs or lows and low level. I have went through my RF link and also through Webtranceiver with the same results. If I do  parrot mode on my link, my audio sounds great. The issue seems to be in the interconnect to Echolink. Also I tried adjusting the link TX & RX echolink audio levels but I can't hear any change no matter what amounts of + or - gain I put in the etxgain or erxgain statements in the echolink.conf file. Any ideas???

Crap codecs from when Windows NT 4.51 was current, technology that has
not been updated in any meaningful way since it was released, and a big
dose of NIH when you try and suggest Jonathan do anything about it
(shades of Cameron)?

FWIW, mine sounds pretty poor, but, then, considering what others sound
like, people are used to crap audio on echolink, so no one really does
anything about it.

Just my opinion.
--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.