[App_rpt-users] Audio Quality issues on Echolink

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Mar 13 20:03:27 UTC 2013

On 3/13/13 3:11 PM, Matthew Pitts wrote:
> Don't you mean Windows NT 3.51? And there might be options for those enlightened enough to be running something other than the normal Windows client software. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't SvxLink use Speex between svxlink servers and/or Qtel client and svxlink servers?

OK, so...I remember NT 4...and M$Dos 3.2...and TRSDOS...and
TurboDOS...and...CP/M.  They all run together after a while.

use a high quality codec (not a lossy one...), and things will be fine.
use an old one, never change or respond to issues...and it will sound
like crap.

FWIW, the g726 that is used as a default is just fine.  Connect thru the
web transceiver...or an iax phone...and it sounds pretty nice.

As compared to mp2 or 3, or speex or...just my opinion.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.