[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Couple of issues...

Keith Goobie keith at goobie.org
Mon Mar 18 12:21:34 UTC 2013

Keith on the iaxrpt. I have tried putting the call in the callerid spot in
iaxrpt. But I still get ghost. Is there something else I need to add to the
iax.conf or extensions.conf to pick that up?  I had it reading caller id but
it was the number not the name.

Hi Tim

When I put in something other than the default, that callsign is announced
when connecting & disconnecting.
All users use this id when logging in via iaxRPT.  If callerid is set, they
are announced.

[ve3lsr]
type=user
context=radio-gui
auth=md5
secret=xxxxxxxxx
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
transfer=no

This is the pertinent stanza in extensions.conf.

[radio-gui]
exten=27211,1,Rpt,27211|X
exten=29133,1,Rpt,29133|X
exten=29154,1,Rpt,29154|X

Hope this helps.

Keith

On 3/18/13 12:20 AM, "Tim Sawyer" <tim.sawyer at me.com> wrote:

> [...]
> are editing the file. Don't do that) should be near half scale which is around
> 500. Zero is not where you want the settings.
> --
> Tim
> :wq
>
> On Mar 17, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Ryan Collier <kb8pmy at kb8pmy.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all the information. Sorry I wrote this half a sleep lastnight.
>>
>> I should have never said anything about echolink. Echolink is not the main
>> link. Yes, asterisk is comtrolling the radios. (Repeater Interface). I have
>> ran simpleusb many many many times. In order for me to get good repeated
>> audio( meaning input radio, asterisk, to output radio) all the settings are
>> zero and I have to add resistors to the audio. Also, allison and cw iders and
>> loud and at the correct level. Echolink ( since it was mentioned) is set at
>> default. But for some reason on some links the audio coming though the
>> repeater tx radio is very low. I acutually have to turn the radio up. But I
>> do have to make sure I turn the radio back down before the local rx audio or
>> iders come across cause it will blow your radio away. Is there a setting or
>> something on the just the internet asterisk audio to bring it up 3db? Like I
>> said a few lines before, the local repeated audio is fine and all the
>> simpleusb setting are 0.
>>
>> Keith on the iaxrpt. I have tried putting the call in the callerid spot in
>> iaxrpt. But I still get ghost. Is there something else I need to add to the
>> iax.conf or extensions.conf to pick that up?  I had it reading caller id but
>> it was the number not the name.
>>
>> On the voicemail I can star 6 and then the extension number. I am guessing
>> not passing the DTMF tones is the problem now. But If I open that will it
>> pass through every link and rf that I have open? Or would it be better if you
>> can only read your email via sip or iax client?
>>
>> Ryan
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM, George Csahanin <george at dyb.com> wrote:
>>> To triple the comment, you sound like your general audio settings are bad.
>>> Echolink audio is nothing short of horrible, don't set up to that. If you
>>> set the repeater modulation as per the asterisk app_rpt setup procedure the
>>> audio will be fantastic. Except for echolink. In rpt.conf there are settings
>>> to increase/decrease audio levels to and from echolink. But good luck
>>> setting those, as far as I have seen there is no "standard" for Echolink.
>>> There is very definetly for the Asterisk/Allstar side.
>>>
>>> But another part of your comment makes me curious, is the computer running
>>> Asterisk the controller for the repeater? That's best but it sounds like you
>>> may have said computer connected to a repeater controller. All bets are off
>>> there. I say this because you suggest that the repeater audio is ok, but
>>> asterisk conncts are low. This suggests a repeater audio path that is
>>> different for loacl repeat audio and asterisk/allstar.

>>> W2DB

keith at goobie.org
Keith Goobie
Richmond Hill, ON, CANADA