[App_rpt-users] Problem getting on AllStar

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri Mar 29 15:32:03 UTC 2013

Jim - the next step would be to make sure you have the sense of PTT and COR correct,
plug things together and then run the audio calibration as described on the web site:

http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/28

Borrowing a service monitor will really help.

Once the levels are set properly, then you can use a second radio to access the Allstar network and talk to people on other nodes (like mine).

Or your radio can serve as a link to a local repeater that does not have an allstar controller (this is less-than-desirable because it will be transmitting it's courtesy beeps and ID's over your system, which is not really correct. But it's a starting point)

I am assuming your system is half-duplex ... if it has two radios and a duplexer, then you can use it as a repeater and not just as a link.

GL
Ken
W4BRM/R
27021