[App_rpt-users] Something is rotten in the state of Denmark (Ken)

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 04:10:19 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ken"
> To: "'George Csahanin'"
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Something is rotten in the state of  Denmark
>
> I think this is a case of YMMV ? I find if I enable DSP squelch with the
> low-noise receiver, the squelch operation on weak signals is somewhat
> erratic. With strong signals it?s fine.

I'm just reading this thread, so forgive me if I missed something, but can
you use COS and filtered, muted audio rather than discriminator audio and
DSP?

Personally, I prefer the former, especially when using Motorola 16-pin
radios, where all of the signals you need are already at the rear panel.
With this configuration, you can use SimpleUSB and lower your CPU usage by
not running the DSP routines. I agree that sometimes the weak signal squelch
detection isn't as accurate as COS.

73

Kyle
K0KN