[App_rpt-users] Fw: 1750Hz tone burst sequence (rxburstfreq)?

Thomas Schoentag t.schoentag at web.de
Tue May 14 16:05:27 UTC 2013

Sorry for the first html mail!

Hello,
very thanks for the development of the app_rpt module, and these mailing list. If one is interested in hamradio and linux this is a good way to build a repeater.

I have to manage a repeater with echolink in Germany and I would like to use the app_rpt because there are many possibilities with this software.

Here we use the 1750Hz tone burst to open the repeater for any time. After  sending the tone burst, the repeater has to go in squelch only mode for some time and then falling back in tone burst opening mode.

But the rxburstfreq implementation work with other sequence:

I send tone burst, repeater is keyed and repeat audio

   RPT_ETXKEYED=1
   RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_RXKEYED=1
   RPT_NUMLINKS=0
   RPT_LINKS=0
   RPT_NUMALINKS=0
   RPT_ALINKS=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
    -- 8 variables

If I release the ptt, repeater is in hangtime

   RPT_RXKEYED=0
   RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_NUMLINKS=0
   RPT_LINKS=0
   RPT_NUMALINKS=0
   RPT_ALINKS=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
    -- 8 variables
    -- Hungup 'Zap/pseudo-211988336'

After I press ptt again without tone burst, repeater is keyed (in hangtime) but does not repeat audio

   RPT_RXKEYED=1
   RPT_ETXKEYED=0
   RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_NUMLINKS=0
   RPT_LINKS=0
   RPT_NUMALINKS=0
   RPT_ALINKS=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
    -- 8 variables

Is there a possibility to put the repeater after sending the first tone burst in squelch only mode for some time (a new time parameter?). This is this sequence, that we use at the most German repeaters.

Very thanks for help and you ideas,
Thomas, DL7VTS (DB0LY repeater)