[App_rpt-users] Anyone Use A Mac Mini For AllStar?

Davide Crudo s10 at crudo.net
Wed May 29 07:13:16 UTC 2013

Hi Steve,

I'm using a mac mini i7, but not directly. I've installed the Free
virtualization suite from vMware vSphere 5.1. There is a Prepackaged ISO
that will recognize all hardware (including the secondary Gigabit
adapter!). For best performance i'm using iSCSI to a QNAP NAS as HDD for
the virtual machines.

I've connected the URI directly to the virtual machine and so far seems to
work fine.

This gives you the possibility to manage multiple allstar nodes and, with
the two network cards, to use a firewall as well (i'm using Astaro VM image
for this, it has a licence you can register for free, for home use)

'73s
Dave