[App_rpt-users] DMK URI questions

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Nov 3 12:56:53 UTC 2013

I find these comments interesting! I agree that you have to get the system
on the air. So, before you have a working system, don't over-think it.

However, once you've overcome the initial learning curve (and it is
substantial), this software and solution is capable of *exceedingly* high
quality audio (I dare to call it "broadcast quality") and repeater
control, once it's carefully tweaked for the radio hardware it's attached
to...So, don't stop experimenting--I still do; even after having systems
on-line continuously now for years.

just my $0.02!

73, David KB4FXC

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Johnny Keeker wrote:

> I not sure how to interpret "you all are getting to far into the weeds,"
I guess its to say done wasted your time experimenting. Personally I hold
an opposing viewpoint, however I agree, with dont over think it, so I
retract my previous comments and now say,
"dont worry about audio quality use the default codec and git-r done."