[App_rpt-users] startup_macro=

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Nov 3 13:18:17 UTC 2013

Well there you go! Learned something new.

I just assumed that a start up macro would only execute macros and not
normal connection commands.

RQ

On 11/3/2013 8:01 AM, Buddy Brannan wrote:
> This is not correct.
>
> The startup macro really can be any string of commands.
>
> The reason that your macro is probably not connecting at startup is that your /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodelist file hasn’t yet populated, or in any case, asterisk doesn’t yet know where the nodes are in order to connect to them.
> --
> Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
> Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY
>

> On Nov 3, 2013, at 7:39 AM, REDBUTTON_CTRL<jrorke at cogeco.ca>  wrote:
>
>> The start up macro executes a macro not a regular "rpt fun" command.
>>
>> The start up macro should be like this:
>>
>> startup_macro=*5300
>>
>>   The nomncalyture is *[macro prefix](Macro)
>> In the case above I have a macro defined in the macro stanza that is 300.
>>
>> [macro1234]
>>
>> 300 = *911235#            ; Macro 300 perm link 1235 to 1234 perm link prefix defined as *91
>>
>> I have my macro prefix defined as 5 from the this statement in the functions stanza:
>>
>> [functions2249]
>>
>> 5=macro,1            ; Enable macro prefix = 5
>>
>> The above example does work.
>>
>> I agree the ohnosec example is not very clear. I'm thinking here the macro prefix is 953 and the macros are 2011 and 2000 , not actual node numbers, just to confuse you.
>>
>> Jon VA3RQ
>>

>> On 11/2/2013 11:20 PM, Geoff wrote:
>>> According to http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/143,
>>>
>>> ********************
>>> Startup Macro
>>> Additionally, there is one macro type which can executed once on system startup. Each node can have one startup macro defined in its node stanza.
>>> To define the startup macro, place the something similar to this in your node stanza:
>>>
>>> startup_macro=*9532011*9532000
>>> This example executes two DTMF commands to establish two links at startup. The startup macro does not require a trailing # like a function macro.
>>> ********************
>>>
>>> Let's be honest... have you ever entered at the CLI>  prompt the command of
>>> and have it fail?  (Note the lack of #?)
>>>
>>> Either way, it works for me... except when the command is entered into a node stanza...
>>>
>>> ie:
>>>
>>> [1776] (*)                                                         ; Change this to your assigned node number
>>> rxchannel=Radio/usb1776                        ; Rx audio/signalling channel
>>> duplex=1
>>> linktolink=yes
>>> erxgain=-3                                                      ; Echolink receive gain adjustment      ; Note: Gain is in db-volts
>>> etxgain=3                                                       ; Echolink transmit gain adjustment     ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)
>>> scheduler=schedule
>>> morse=morse
>>> macro=macro
>>> functions=functions                                     ; Repeater Function Table
>>> phone_functions=functions                       ; Repeater Function Table
>>> link_functions=functions                        ; Link Function Table
>>> telemetry=telemetry                                     ; Telemetry descriptions
>>> wait_times=wait-times                           ; Wait times
>>> context =  radio                                        ; dialing context for phone
>>> callerid = "Repeater"<0000000000>       ; callerid for phone calls
>>> idrecording = rpt/repeater_id                                ; id recording or morse string
>>> accountcode=RADIO                                       ; account code (optional)
>>> hangtime=1000                                           ; squelch tail hang time (in ms) (optional)
>>> althangtime=4000                                        ; longer squelch tail
>>> totime=170000                                           ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (optional)
>>> idtime=540000                                           ; id interval time (in ms) (optional)
>>> politeid=30000                                          ; time in milliseconds before ID timer
>>> ; idtalkover=|i                                      ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none
>>> unlinkedct=ct2                                          ; unlinked courtesy tone (optional) default is none
>>> remotect=ct3                                            ; remote linked courtesy tone (indicates a remote is in the list of links)
>>> linkunkeyct=ct8                                         ; sent when a transmission received over the link unkeys