[App_rpt-users] Acid install problem

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Nov 3 15:11:48 UTC 2013

I did find that documented somewhere about the special characters in the PW but after some digging and also after I found a work around.

Why is there this limitation? The site itself does not care. Does Centos not allow special characters in the PW string or is this filtered in the script?  Bottom line is the script should have a more user friendly response like "can't connect to your account" and then just ask the questions locally. The script is /usr/local/sbin/nodesetup.sh

I ran this manually after it would not work in the install in the automatic mode. Should I change my site PW and go back and run the nodesetup script and try this automatically again? The manual install did configure my name and call but never asked for the node PW.  I assume I have to enter that in the registration command in iax.conf ?  It just has 1234567 for the PW now. Is the PW used anywhere else?
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

    No "special" characters (no !@#$%^&, etc)
      can be used in your allstar portal password.

    Been there, Done that.  Changed PW to mix of letters and numbers (no
    uppercase anything) and all is better.

    Yeah, that's not documented anywhere, either.  Took me 3 days to
    figure that one out.

    -Geoff/W5OMR