[App_rpt-users] Motorola GM300 Transmitter PTT Issue With APP_RPT & DMK URI

Andrew Sylthe asylthe at kc9ona.com
Mon Nov 4 19:41:34 UTC 2013

Bryan & Sam,

Thank you for your responses.  I'll be sure to check both.

I would assume the following are the correct configuration options to
change in usbradio.conf if one or both scenarios are true:
carrierfrom=usbinvert
invertptt=1

Sam, what did you have to change in the configuration to rectify the issue
you were having?

Thanks!

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Sam Nabkey <sam.nabkey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would also check the COS polarity.  I had the exact issue yesterday
> during a similar set-up.
>
> Sam...
> On Nov 4, 2013 1:58 PM, "Andrew Sylthe" <asylthe at kc9ona.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello app_rpt users,
>>
>> I'm new to using app_rpt, and so far it looks like a great solution for a
>> repeater controller.  I'm excited to get my system up and running, and
>> linked into the Allstar Link Network.  I downloaded ACID from
>> https://allstarlink.org/, and installed the distro quite painlessly.  I
>> have the system setup to download my Asterisk configuration files
>> automatically from AllStar Link.
>>
>> I purchased a URI from DMK, and made my own custom cable following the
>> example found here http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/138 for a pair of
>> Motorola GM300 8 channel radios.  I decided to go with the "Processed
>> audio" configuration, and do have JU551 in position 'B' on the receive
>> radio (and transmit radio for that matter).  I'm sending COR from the radio
>> to the URI.
>>
>> I wasn't able to run 'radio tune rxnoise' from within Asterisk.  I'm
>> assuming that may not work because I'm using processed audio, not flat.  I
>> found another post on this mailing list from some time ago indicating that
>> to be true, but correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>> Here is the problem that I'm having:  The transmit radio becomes keyed as
>> soon as Asterisk starts.  I'm not sure why the URI / app_rpt is setting PTT
>> to high when the receive radio isn't receiving a signal.  The receive radio
>> is setup to decode PL, and I've jumpered the mic hangup to ground (so the
>> radio isn't stuck in monitor mode).  The transmit radio will eventually hit
>> its TOT, and unkey.  I've spent a good amount of time scouring the internet
>> for a solution to the problem before starting this email thread.  Any help
>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> I hope that someone else has had this same problem, and that there is an
>> easy fix.  If not, I'm happy to share any and all additional information
>> necessary for a solution to the problem.
>>
>> Thank you for your time in advance!
>>

>> --
>> Andy

Andy