[App_rpt-users] Radio TX / RX oscillation and APRS questions

wade wadeo at charter.net
Sun Nov 10 07:24:28 UTC 2013

Good evening all,

     I have a couple of questions here. I just setup my AllStar node
today. After hours digging through the sites and getting the files setup
correctly I have ran into a problem I can not figure out. My radio that
is hooked up to my AllStar adapter keeps oscillating between TX & RX non
stop. I have set every instance of duplex I could find to Duplex=0. I
have also set carrierfrom=usb. This radio is a Radius UHF Mobile. I have
double checked the wiring connections and all is good.

I am having difficulty in finding just where the rpt.conf file I am to
be modifying actually is. The usbradio.conf file I changed was located
at /etc/asterisk/usbradio.conf.

My second question is where is the APRS file located at? I have seen
instructions and they have all said /etc/asterisk/gps.conf. is the
location. When I look there it is missing. Has something changed that
moved the file elsewhere?

I am kind of new to this whole linux thing and may need a little extra
assistance in getting to where I need to be. So far it has been fairly
easy with the limited linux background that I have.

I hope I have given enough information to help figure this all out.

Thanks!

Wade Oestreich
KC0MLT