[App_rpt-users] Dial plan question

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Nov 16 03:04:33 UTC 2013

I have been using Asterisk for years but I just ran into a problem that I am sure there is a way to fix but I can't figure it out.

I am connecting my Allstar server to my PBX asterisk server via IAX2. The connection works fine but I need some help on passing the extension. I want to pass the variable length extension to my pbx server. Extensions could be any combination of 3 digits up to a full phone number length. The actual extensions are processed in the PBX.

Here is the Allstar extension snippet -

[pbx_server]
exten => _xxx,1,Answer
exten => _xxx,n,noop("${EXTEN}")
exten => _xxx,n,Wait(2)
exten => _xxx,n,Dial(IAX2/pbx/${EXTEN})
exten => _xxx,n,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => ,n,Hangup

in rpt.conf

61=autopatchup,context=pbx_server,noct=1,farenddisconnect=1,dialtime=20000,quiet=1   ; Autopatch up
0=autopatchdn                           ; Autopatch down

In the example I have put a 3 digit extension.  So if I dial *61522  -  522 is passed to the pbx server. This works fine but I want to pass any length extension. If I put something like  _x!  -  it just hits on the first digit. Maybe I could use waitexten() to capture it and pass to the pbx. Any ideas?

The Allstar Asterisk and pbx Asterisk are obviously different machines on the same network.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio