[App_rpt-users] Id and voice message questions

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Nov 29 22:14:08 UTC 2013

I have a couple of questions regarding ID and voice messages.

I have both 'idrecording' and 'idtalkover'  set to identify my call in CW. At times I get two ID's or one ID interrupts another and starts over when listening to a net of long duration with lots of interruptions. Should both of these be defined or can you define just one or the other. I don't mind the CWID being over the person talking. It doesn't make much sense to ID when someone drops from the network during a net as it would be continuing over the next person picking it up anyway.

I also have a question about tail messages or messages sent out in general. What is the best way to send out a periodic voice message such that it doesn't appear on top of incoming audio? The tailmessage commands appear to do this but what if one wanted to send a message out at a specific time, say on the hour and not necessarily at a transmission tail. Is there a way to accomplish this and not have it voice over network or local audio which might be present?
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio