[App_rpt-users] scheduler

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sat Nov 30 01:57:48 UTC 2013

write a shell script and then use the
operating system cron command to run the script to connect /disconnect your node at fixed times.  the os is more flexible than the application; use the os to do os-y stuff that is easier to do than forcing an app to do things an os can do.

if your radio doesn't close squelch properly on pl drop, that's not a repeater problem, it's a fault of the radio not responding assuming you're using ctcss on the repeater, then try using the 'phase' for the transmit ctcss turn off.

'fixing' the repeater configuration to make up for deficiencies in today's ham radios mean that while you may think it's working for one, in reality, it may not work for others or sound bad for other usrs...unless you're the only user.  check your radio is configured properly as well as other users' experiences to see ifthere is a problem.

in 40 years of futzing on various repeaters, i've never been satisfied with the ham stuff for performance...all the mfrs do things just a little differently, or respond to state changes in the received signal, especially ctcss and squelch close, just a little differently.  with the advent of computers doing signal processing in mobile and handhelds...well, set the repeater for the 95 percentile of users and accept it will never be perfect.

just my $.07
--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 5...small