[App_rpt-users] VMWare Player Virtual Machine Putty or Win SCP

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Wed Oct 2 04:13:39 UTC 2013

I answered my own question.

I did an ifconfig at the root prompt of the node and used the IP address
shown there for Putty.

I tried to do the ipconfig -all command prompt in the Win7 box, and it
doesn't show the actual IP used by the VMWare Player.

BTW I have the VMWare player virtual machine working with a URIx. Im
sitting here in my hotel room listening to the win system with a speaker
amplifier hooked to to pin 22 and ground.

I also have a KNOPPIX VM machine running here and I'm searching the web
with it.

8 Gig of ram on the Windows 7 laptop.

Now that I can Putty into it, I'll go in with Win SCP and modify the
config file.

73
Jim W7RY
Virtual Node 28181