[App_rpt-users] echolink proxy

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Oct 2 13:59:12 UTC 2013

short answer is probably not.

the allstar echo module is a terminus, not an origination (ie it does not originate connection requests, it is the passive target so to speak, patiently waiting for someone to bother it).  it initiates nothing interactive until requested to do so (besides its registration, etc).

the proxy, among other things, is a specialized piece of code running and listening for connection requests and sending them on to their termination point (the server).  it's an automated hybrid between an interactive app and a passive (as in it waits for something before doing something) process.  it still has to know where and on what port the terminus is.  so, if the terminus changes a lot, you still have to have the right ports open and routed properly wherever it is.

the app (desktop, laptop, tablet, what have you) is what initiates the connection in response to a user request once authenticated.

but, in the end, that functionality doesn't exist in the echolink module in acid, AFAIK.
--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 5...small