[App_rpt-users] Permanent Connections

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Oct 7 19:04:14 UTC 2013

2 function scripts....and a third which is a copy that is created by either of the two as the last step.

ie: (and the number is up to you, but I'll use 85...)

85=cmd,/etc/asterisk/scripts/do.sh

(i have a directory under asterisk that i dump all my scripts into.  keeps the asterisk directory clean and tidy)

do.sh is a copy of either

up.sh

or

down.sh

depending on what the LAST command was; think of it as preloading the toggle.

the last line of up.sh or down.sh is a line
rm -f /etc/asterisk/scripts/do.sh;cp /etc/asterisk/scripts/(the opposite file).sh /etc/asterisk/scripts/do.sh

now, you can use *85# as a resolution to a macro, a direct DTMF commend, or a scheduled task or what have you.

That's how I'd do it.  The OS is powerful...use it to do what it does best.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 5...small