[App_rpt-users] Intermittent DTMF Decode?

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 11 01:21:30 UTC 2013

Thanks Paul

I am using a URIx on my VMWare Player system. I am able to command the
node from the CLI screen. I've had it connected to the WIN system
reflector for several days. In fact, when you waved a hand to me the
other day, I was talking to you from the node on the VMWare Player
system. The audio seems fine. But now that you say something, I do
notice a small artifact of very slightly chopped audio when the node
transmits. I attributed it to my internet connection. I'll have to do
more listening. I'm using a Motorola P110 UHF portable for a node radio.
I removed the radio from its case and put it into a cast aluminum box
for additional heat-sinking.

I also have a Dell D600 laptop that only runs Asterisk. I'll move the
URIx and P110 to that node and reset the levels. Then Ill see if I can
hear the audio choppiness.

I don't have to use any special codes to see the decoded digits. In the
CLI screen, it shows the digits as they are received and decoded. It
shows digit and the length of the digit.

Thanks for the input.
73
Jim W7RY