[App_rpt-users] RTCM bandwidth/ data throughput requirements?

Robert Pectol rob at pectol.com
Tue Oct 15 05:58:24 UTC 2013

- assuming ulaw:
The RTCM will require approx. 80 kbps of bandwidth.
Thus, a 20 Mbps pipe will accommodate (20x10e6/80x10e3) =  250 RTCMs!

In actuality with network jitter, overhead, etc., it would probably be
somewhat less than that.  But I bet it could comfortably handle 100 of
them without much effort!

---
Robert Pectol
rob at pectol.com