[App_rpt-users] allstar control

Robert A. Poff wb3awj at comcast.net
Wed Oct 16 16:03:17 UTC 2013

If you want to block ALL incoming during that period,  that's easy.

Use the following COP commands:
COP 49 - Disable incoming connections (control state noice)
COP 50 - Enable incoming connections (control state noiced)

Mickey Baker <fishflorida at gmail.com> wrote:
>I agree - it would be a handy feature... Example...
>
>W4AB (28478) is typically linked on Tuesday evenings for a wide area
>net. One Tuesday per month, our club meeting is held at the same time
>as the net.
>
>We would like to block the net connection on the one Tuesday of the
>month so that folks could get a talk-in to the meeting.
>
>No abuse or problem, we just want to control access.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Thanks and 73,
>
>Mickey N4MB, Trustee W4AB
>
>On Oct 15, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Russ WL7LP <wl7lp at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I personally think that the blocking subject is a good question. I
>see it asked here from time to time.
>> but no real answer to it. I am new to allstar and I'm still learning
>about it. so the question interest
>> me since I am a net controller for a local net. being able to
>disconnect a node because of interference
>> or keyed up without audio etc, would be of great value to know.
>whether it be posted here or through a private
>> email.
>>
>> 73 Russ WL7LP

>> On Tue, 10/15/13, Johnny Keeker <cypresstower at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] allstar control
>> To: "Harry Romano" <hromano at earthlink.net>,
>"app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org" <app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
>> Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 6:36 PM
>>
>> There are many out here that
>> want to help although block nodes does
>> not seem to be a popular subject.
>> If your adamant about
>> blocking, why not consider a Private
>> Allstar System .....
>> JK
>>

>> From: Harry Romano
>> <hromano at earthlink.net>

Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.
Please excuse my brevity and typing errors.