[App_rpt-users] allstar control

Paul J. Agamata Sysman at Xceptions.COM
Wed Oct 16 23:58:09 UTC 2013

I agree with this statement.  I think over the last several years, there has
been a preponderance of putting link systems up and not understanding their
legal responsibilities.  Being part of a larger system as well, we are not
going to jeopardize the system by NOT controlling when we need to.  We will
try to mitigate any and all Part 97 violation.  We will, on rare occasions,
block permanently because of repeated violations of FCC part 97 rules.

Ultimately in a large system, especially with many different connections
where each node may not be associated with us, we (the control operators of
the system) take the responsibility of control to ensure that our affiliate
nodes can remain compliant with FCC Part 97 rules as well.  Why? Because in
their formal association with us, they trust and expect us to do so.

This is only my opinion but people entering this form of technology need to
understand that there's a lot more than connecting up to a multi-node
network of repeaters.  There is the responsibility defined in Part 97 that
the user needs to clearly understand.  If somewhere along the line where
there's a radio connected to it and these violations occurred then in falls
under Part 97 and if 'your' node is causing the issue, then you will be the
target that will be controlled whether you agree with it or not.

For those of you just getting into this and are fascinated by the
technology:  Understand your FCC rules, Understand the Acceptable Use Policy
of the system your connecting to, and Manage/Monitor your nodes by whatever
means necessary.

In the event that you getting disconnected by controllers, it's not their
fault, they are doing their jobs and they expect you to do yours as a node
owner and the control operator.

Regards,
Paul

Paul J. Agamata