[App_rpt-users] Static IP

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Fri Oct 18 17:21:03 UTC 2013

did you specify the default route?   machine can't get to the outside if it doesn't know where to send packets that aren't on its network.

try setting a default route:

$ cd /etc/sysconfig
$ sudo vi network

(look for a line that starts with GATEWAY and change it to read)

GATEWAY=192.168.x.x

(where x.x is the inside address of your router...if linksys usuall is 1.1 if netgear 0.1)

save the file (ESC, :wq)

$ sudo service network restart

--
Bryan