[App_rpt-users] allstar.org site comment

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Oct 30 14:47:39 UTC 2013

I briefly mentioned this in a previous message. There is lots of great info at the allstar.org website on Alllstar installation, setup, configuration, etc.  I can appreciate the time that was taken to put this together.

But I have a few complaints. One is that the information is only offered in HTML and it is hard to print. The text is reduced contrast and in general HTML printing is less than desirable. It would be great if these snippets could also be made available in PDF so that a user could print them out the way they are meant to look.

I have taken several of them and reformatted them and converted them to PDF. In doing so I have found considerable misspellings in the text. In one document at least 20-30 or more. It is real easy to spell check this stuff so there is no excuse for that no matter how bad you spell!

I am attaching the USB radio setup in PDF formatted and spelling corrected. I am sure users like myself would be glad to contribute to an effort to make these documents available in a more printer friendly format.

Again I am not trying to knock that site, I appreciate the fact that it is there and the work that went into it.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio