[App_rpt-users] multicasting.

pete M petem001 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 19:20:15 UTC 2013

Got a problem with one of my repeater.

I live in Montreal QC, and as many of you know we are bless with a small mountain right in the middle of the city. (Mount-Royal) While if you have the blessing of having a repeater on top of it, the coverage is marvellous. (but I am not blessed at all!!!)

So I have nice repeater to cover the north, east, and south of the city, but the damn mountain prevent me from covering properly the west part of the city.

So I was looking at the rtcm to make a multicast/voter system on the other side of the mountain.

I have a MSF5000 UHF at the main repeater site, would I be able to use that with the rtcm and I can have a TKR-820 as the remote repeater would I be able to use it too? Or I also have a Desktrac that used to be the UHF repeater before the MSF500 came along..

What would I need to do make sure that its all stable? I think I would need at least 2 rtcm, But I would loose the dsp decoding of ctcss and squelch?

Lots of question..

Pierre
VE2PF