[App_rpt-users] Distorted audio in app_rpt/Allstar

Andreas Pleschutznig andy at ple.org
Wed Sep 11 16:20:32 UTC 2013

Hi Jon

I do not believe this is distorted audio because it is too low or too high. The audio has been measured in with the help of a service monitor and I just checked it. Both channels are set to values around 100. Also distorted because it is set too high or too low sounds different than what I am seeing here.

Best I can describe the effect is that the audio is time sliced in 20ms packets and every other packet is missing, left out. and it does not happen when audio is especially loud or quiet. Sometimes it happens on the time announcements, which are absolutely perfect 99% of the time.

--
Andreas Pleschutznig, Cell: (832) 633-7817, Sent: MacBook
 KA5PLE, Allstar: 29841, Echolonk: 884823