[App_rpt-users] Interfacing a TKR-820 with a URI

joseph Rowe wj0we at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 21:46:23 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I, quickly, browsed through the archives, but didn't see this question asked / resolved. I am really hoping that someone has the knowledge and time to help with this.

I am setting up an allstar node and running into things that I just don't know how to do. I need to know how to interface (get the right pins to the right pins) the Kenwood TKR-820 UHF repeater's 15-pin accessory port to the URI's 25-pin port. I really don't know which pins are necessary or which ones connect to which ones. I hope this made sense. Below, I have included the websites for the pin layouts of each of these two machines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kenwood TKR-820 15-Pin Accessory Port
http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/tkr-n20-notes.html

URI (USB Radio Interface)
http://qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/voip/USB-FOB.pdf