[App_rpt-users] Node 2498 is no longer in the database

Keith Goobie keith at goobie.org
Thu Sep 19 16:41:02 UTC 2013

Keith

As a diagnostic try the following:

validate that in the rpt.conf file that you are updating to the allstar
server
        statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status
updates

statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/
dev/null

Being granular, you can see if you are updating to the stats server, by
typing at the command prompt:
        tcpdump port 80

Every five minutes or so, you will see a blast of data go to the
stats.allstarlink.org server.  If you do not see this activity, your server
either has a broken internet connection, or a firewall rule issue, although
typically as this is outbound it should not be an issue.  The info presented
may be cryptic, but it will validate that the node is doing updates.

There may be a dns issue in play, and you can use nslookup to validate that.
The latest Centos updates did do some hanky panky with the DNS config files
­ check for a forwarders artifact that you may not have had before.  Along
the dns issue, check to make sure that ipv6 is not in play.

While you are doing a snoop using tcpdump, you can also validate that you
are in a nodes list published by the allstarlink server and it is downloaded
about every ten minutes on average.  In that file, you should see the info
that the server has on your node.  That file is rpt_extnodes and is located
in the var/lib/asterisk folder.

Can other nodes connect with you?  I suspect that the response is no, but
just checking.

Keith
VA3YC