[App_rpt-users] Moving ACID from dynamic to static IP

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 21:03:23 UTC 2014

Save yourself A LOT of grief!!

Use the system-config-network script (from Centos) to
set the 'stuff' up. Centos seems to be 'allergic' to having people
edit their own files.

Jim

From: kk6ecm at gmail.com
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 13:18:52 -0700
Subject: [App_rpt-users] Moving ACID from dynamic to static IP

I can use some help... I want to move an
Allstar ACID server from dynamic to static IP without a complete reinstall... It
seemed to use a script during install (I typed “N” at the time),
which I am attempting to locate, or the config file with an example. I’ve
been looking through /etc/sysconfig/networkscripts and found ifcfg-eth0, which
says,

DEVICE=eth0

BOOTPROTO=dhcp

DHCPCLASS=

HWADDR=54:04:A6:EB:BF:90

ONBOOT=yes

DHCP_HOSTNAME=<server name>

Can I modify this to:

DEVICE=eth0

BOOTPROTO=none

DHCPCLASS=

HWADDR=54:04:A6:EB:BF:90

ONBOOT=yes

DHCP_HOSTNAME=

NETWORK=xxx.yyy.zzz.0 ;basic network address?

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

IPADDR=xxx.yyy.zzz.27 ;static IP address

Am I missing anything? I will be at a
remote site, so want to have it correct before the move, and can’t test
it at the current location. Hope this is not wishful thinking.

Thanks,

Bob

kk6ecm