[App_rpt-users] USB Frustrations

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 04:27:52 UTC 2014

How does one go about finding a USB 2.0 on their computer? (required for
URI)

I'm using a computer that indicates it has one USB 2.0 port (lsusb -v yields
001:001), and it does not show up on any of the physical USB ports... any of
the 8 (6 in back and 2 up front); Older computer that I'm trying to use till
my newer motherboard arrives. My fear is the USB 2.0 found is some
overarching port without a physical location.

Is there a way of "assigning" a hub and port (2.0 required) to one of the
physical ports on the computer?

BTW, I'm familiar with the old phrase, "Friends don't let friends use USB."
In other words... humor this ol' guy, and newbie to boot :-)

Thanks,

Bob

kk6ecm