[App_rpt-users] RTCM Commands

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Apr 16 04:25:37 UTC 2014

Hi Wayne,

The AllStar software automatically attempts to limit Kerchunks and by
design mutes received DTMF tones. There are also various audio delay
features to solve squelch crashes, etc.--very much like "audio delay"
boards in traditional repeater controllers. I've got several busy
repeaters on-line and, honestly, I can't imagine going back to a
traditional repeater controller (like the controller you mention, etc.) at
this point. It would be like stepping back in time to a motor scooter.
Yes, a scooter is functional and reliable. But, it's a scooter!

AllStar is very feature rich and many IRLP reflectors also include AllStar
connectivity these days; more do every day. Personally, I haven't missed
IRLP for a single moment.

Anyhow, just my $0.02

73, David KB4FXC