[App_rpt-users] First BBB to BBB Allstar QSO

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Apr 18 04:37:40 UTC 2014

Hi Brett,

Yes, the latest & greatest Arm Arch Linux is running on both BBB's--Doug's
and mine. Thanks to all the R&D legwork Doug has done over the last many
weeks and his explanation to me of how he got it going, I was able to roll
a copy fairly quickly....I even included my favorite iLBC CODEC hacks at
my end, and the BBB has sufficient horsepower even to run iLBC and
usbradio. The CPU utilization was at about 30% with this combo, but,
minimal audio delay.  This is thoroughly impressive! And, it seems stable,
so far...We'll do some "torture testing" over the next few
days--particularly testing all the CPU intensive DSP functions in
usbradio.

I'm sure more details will emerge soon! Stay tuned!

73, David KB4FXC