[App_rpt-users] BeagleBone Black Allstar

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Apr 21 01:41:10 UTC 2014

Bob,

 Version B is the current production version. There is only one BBB in production. The C model is due out next fall and will have a larger eMMC and will cost slightly more. For those considering using the BBB I would try to get the current model B over the next few months. You can always upgrade to the C later if you wish but the B is fine. I suspect most will not use the internal eMMC but rather a larger external microSD card which will work fine with Allstar and allow an easy swap if there is a failure in the SD card.

See - http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack  for full info on the board.

I cannot vouch for the boards you describe. I myself would buy from a reputable distributor and not pay more than $45. Both Adafruit and MCM are out of stock but expect deliveries in a week or two. Adafruit has an email notification list and MCM is taking back orders. It is also a good idea to buy a case unless you intend to install it in your own enclosure. Cases run around $10.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio