[App_rpt-users] Dual node server

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Apr 21 04:43:54 UTC 2014

Willem,

 Just add another node stanza in rpt.conf. Use the same definitions as in your public stanza. Then go through and change whatever you want to work differently for the private node. Set it up for the radio port you want to use or make it a pseudo node - no radio connected if you want. Do not include the lines to send the data to allstarlink. Comment them out. Also use a node number of <2000 and add this line down below after you public radio node that is defined in the same way -

xxxx = radio at 127.0.0.1:4569/xxxx,NONE

xxxx = the private node you define in the above stanza.

You can use the same or different  macro, scheduler, functions, etc stanzas as your public node or define specific ones for the private node. Say you your public node was 28000 and you had a stanza  macro=macro28000 in that stanza. You could put that same definition in your private node stanza if you wanted to use the same macros as 28000. Of course you could also define completely different ones specific to the private node if you desire.

It is always a good idea to make a backup copy of your current rpt.conf before you start messing around. That way you can always go back if you do something that fouls things up.

You can live reload the modified rpt.conf without rebooting -  in CLI - rpt reload

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio