[App_rpt-users] Simple I/O interface

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sun Aug 3 17:03:38 UTC 2014

On 8/3/14, 12:48 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> It can be done through IO but unless you have some objection running the fan
> at half speed (or so) all the time is a much easier way to do it.

Or a better way to do it (IMHO) is using a thermostat bolted on the heat-sink.
 I use a Digi-Key 723-1191-ND 113f Normally open thermostat that will cycle
even a large 12v fan easily as it warms up, then shut off as it cools down.

This has none of the energy loss from running it full time or via a resistor
at half speed.  In most cases it will need to be keyed down for 10 min + for
it to even turn on, and then it will run 10 min to cool it down and shut off.
 It will then cycle about 5 on/5 off for the rest of the key up time.

Of course this doesn't answer OP's question.  Sorry :(

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice